Jiffy Lube franchises offer oil change and lubrication services for cars and light trucks, as well as light repair services. This brand offer franchise opportunities under the legal name of the company ”Jiffy Lube International, Inc.” whose principal business address is 150 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston, Texas 77079.
Franchise Legal Name: Jiffy Lube International, Inc.
Franchise Trade Name (DBA): Jiffy Lube
Founded: 1971, Utah, United States
Founder: Edwin H. Washburn
Current Owner: Shell USA, Inc.
CEO: Steve Ledbetter
Operating Status: Active
Started Franchising: 1979
Industry: Automotive Maintenance
The Total Number of Stores Worldwide: 2,190
The Total Number of U.S Based Franchisee-Owned Units: 2,007
Investment Cost for Starting One Franchise Unit in the USA:
- From $232,000 to $520,000 (excluding real estate costs)
Average Gross Sales per One Franchise Unit:
- $961,675.30 in 2021
Expected Franchise Owner Profit Margin From Gross Revenue:
Franchise Business Address:
- 150 N. Dairy Ashford Houston, TX 77079 USA
Website: Franchise Opportunities | Jiffy Lube
Jiffy Lube Franchisee Initial and Ongoing Financial Requirements
Net Worth: $500,000
Liquid Assets/Cash Requirement: $250,000
Initial Fee Cost: $17,500 – $35,000
Ongoing Monthly/Weekly Franchisee Royalty Fees:
- Franchisor Royalty Fee: 3-4% of Gross Sales
- National Advertising Fund Fee: 1.5% of Gross Sales
- Local Advertising Fee: 2.5% of Gross Sales
Jiffy Lube Average Annual Gross Sales Level per One Franchise Unit
- In 2021, an average-earning Jiffy Lube franchised location made $961,675.30 in gross sales.
- In 2020 average gross sales that these stores achieved was $822,225.96.
- In 2019 the average earning franchised store of this brand had yielded $859,205.07 of Gross Revenue to its franchisees/owners.
Number of U.S. – Based Jiffy Lube Stores by Years
- In 2023, 2,190 Jiffy Lube stores were opened in worldwide locations; 2,007 were U.S-based franchisee or franchisor-owned locations.
- In 2022 there were 1,951 franchisee-owned and 55 franchisor-owned stores in the USA.
- In 2021 there were 1,920 franchisees owned and 33 company-owned stores operating in the USA.
In 2020 there were 1,922 franchisees owned and ten company-owned stores operating in the USA.
Edward Hymes has been a Jiffy Director and President since March 1, 2020
Andrew Robertson was appointed as Director and Vice President of Finance and Treasurer in January 2020
Brett R. Sweeney was appointed as a Director on October 1, 2021
Edward Norris has been Vice President of Operations since October 1, 2021
Matthew Coward was appointed Vice President of Legal Operations on October 1, 2021.
Chris Dykes has been in the office of Vice President of Network Development since January 2017.
Sara L. Smith has been a Director of Marketing since June 2019.
Richelle Broussard has been the Franchise Development Manager of Jiffy Lube since August 2021.